- Purplebricks launches a brand-new creative campaign – The Official Estate Agent of Team GB featuring 4 time Olympic Gold Medallist, cyclist Laura Kenny CBE, and Olympic Bronze medallist and Triple World Taekwondo Champion Bianca Walkden
- The fully integrated campaign launches on 22nd January with TV digital, social and PR
Tomorrow, Purplebricks is launching its biggest ever campaign with a playful take on its sponsorship of Team GB for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, as it drives home its ambition to be the nation’s favourite estate agent.
Already the UK’s biggest estate agent, Purplebricks will continue its tradition for its irreverent and funny creative with a series of spots that examine its title as ‘The Official Estate Agent of Team GB’.
Accepting that the last thing any elite athlete needs in their training camp is an estate agent, the campaign will feature ‘Alice’, a Purplebricks estate agent who tries to draw parallels between the tireless work of a Purplebricks agent to sell a house and those of Team GB’s finest athletes to bring home medals this summer.
The campaign, directed by Benjamin Green, produced by MindsEye and supported by Wavemaker in media planning, features four decorated Olympic athletes:
- Laura Kenny CBE, Olympic Cyclist and gold medallist at the London 2012 and Rio 2016 games
- Bianca Walkden, Triple World Taekwondo Champion and 2016 Rio Olympic Bronze Medallist
- Dan Goodfellow, Silver Medallist in 2019 Men’s World Champs 3m synchro dive and Olympic Bronze medallist at Rio 2016
- Moe Sbihi MBE, Team GB Rower and Olympic Gold medallist from Rio 2016 in the Men’s Coxless Fours and Bronze Medallist at London 2012.
The campaign includes multiple executions and second lengths and launches with two 30 second TV adverts on 22nd January, featuring Laura Kenny and Bianca Walkden. The campaign, which will run until and throughout the summer games, will also have a fully integrated amplification campaign and heavily utilise VOD, Digital Video, PR and Social channels.
Ed Hughes, Chief Marketing Officer at Purplebricks explains, “Purplebricks is famous for its honest take on the world of estate agency with an added twist of humour. And we saw no reason to stop when it came to our sponsorship of Team GB. This is our biggest campaign so far and underlines the passion and commitment of our people to being the leading property experts in all corners of the nation – even if that advice can’t quite take you to the podium in Tokyo.”
Tim Ellerton, Commerical Director at Team GB said, “The Purplebricks campaign really compliments the ambition of what we need and what we strive to achieve in the run-up to the games – and that’s for the nation to get behind the athletes. For our team to know they have home support makes such a difference. The fun that Purplebricks have created in association with our athletes will undoubtedly cement that message over the coming months.”
Jon Boardman, CEO at Snap LDN said, “Purplebricks have been brave enough to recognise that an Olympic athlete and an estate agent aren’t natural stablemates. By acknowledging the incongruity, we’ve been allowed to create yet more funny work, rather than the usual tenuous sponsorship work so often produced.”
Purplebricks is the Official Estate Agent of Team GB and is supporting the national squad through to the end of 2020. It will be getting the nation behind the athletes in the build-up to next summer’s Olympic Games in Tokyo and has already turned its usual ‘Sold’ sale boards to special gold versions, featuring the Team GB logo. With Purplebricks selling three-times more homes than the second placed agent, a touch of gold has been appearing all over Britain’s streets since the summer of 2019.