- As part of EE’s drive to become the UK’s no.1 network for gaming, EE extends partnership with EXCEL, continuing as lead partner to the esports organisation for a further three years
- EE unveils new ambitions to work with EXCEL to promote a healthy and inclusive culture within the gaming community
- EE’s Full Fibre Broadband will continue to power EXCEL’s HQ in Shoreditch, London
The extended three-year partnership will continue to see the EE brand featured on all kit worn by EXCEL’s League of Legends EMEA, Championship (LEC), VALORANT and FIFA teams. EE will also continue to help EXCEL’s teams train at their HQ by providing world class connectivity, backed by the UK’s best network.
In its role as lead partner to EXCEL, EE is committed to making the gaming community as inclusive as possible, as well as supporting gamers with the products and services that matter most to them.
EE three key ambitions for its partnership with EXCEL:
- Inclusivity: nurture the next generation of women in gaming to help re-shape the industry for the better
- Culture: support gamers beyond the play occasion, making mental health support available to the gaming community
- Experience: elevate the gaming experience with products and services designed to open up the community to new audiences
These commitments will be fundamental as EE and EXCEL work to launch a series of exciting initiatives over the coming years to inspire gamers and elevate their experiences.
Pete Jeavons, Marketing Communications Director at EE comments: “The gaming community continues to go from strength to strength in the UK and with our partners at EXCEL, we are excited to use our technology and networks to deliver new initiatives, experiences and services that will benefit this community – both at elite and grassroots level. We want to become the number one network for gaming in the UK and we believe our work with EXCEL will be fundamental in achieving this goal.”
Mark Carter, Commercial Director, EXCEL ESPORTS adds: “It’s an honour to announce our three year partnership extension with EE making this one of the longest partnerships in esports history. Together, we understand the importance of creating ground-breaking initiatives and enabling opportunities to drive forward and support more inclusive gaming communities. We look forward to sharing more exciting details as we activate the partnership together.”
Since initially teaming up in 2020, EE and EXCEL have collaborated on a number of campaigns and initiatives including this year’s Connected Club Cup, which gave grassroots gamers from around the UK the chance to prove their FIFA skills in a national competition. The finalists then joined stars from EXCEL and the England football team at Wembley to battle it out for the Connected Club Cup trophy. Back in March, EE and EXCEL collaborated on Ultimate Gamer, a six-hour Twitch stream that saw four famous faces including comedian Munya Chawawa and EXCEL’s professional Fortnite player Jaden ‘Wolfiez’ Ashman, compete against each other across three separate games.
The partnership renewal follows EE’s recently unveiled supercharged gaming offering. The new range features Xbox, Nintendo and PlayStation bundles, access to the latest best-in-class gaming products via interest free spreadable payments with Add to Plan, and a nationwide roll-out of in-store gaming bays in over 175 EE retail stores. For more information on EE’s gaming offers including full terms and conditions, please visit ee.co.uk/gaming.