- London musician Joy Crookes is the new Lexus UX ambassador
- She leads the launch campaign for the new luxury hybrid electric SUV, one of Lexus’s best-selling cars in Europe
- Joy’s hit song Feet Don’t Fail Me Now features as the soundtrack for the new Lexus UX television commercial
Lexus has launched a marketing campaign for the new UX 250h hybrid electric SUV featuring BRIT-nominated and Mercury Prize-shortlisted singer and songwriter Joy Crookes.
The collaboration marks a shift in the brand’s strategy to reach a younger, more diverse, and socially engaged audience. Crookes is the ideal ambassador for the new Lexus consumer, redefining modern luxury and style.
The new campaign consists of four short films with the theme “The energy that drives you on,” in which Joy uses the UX as a vehicle for her creativity and fast-paced lifestyle. The films illustrate Joy’s passion and energy, characteristics that continually drive her on. The UX hybrid is seen as the facilitator of Joy’s exploration, featuring in a trip to the beach and a journey through a vibrant metropolis, while highlighting the UX’s state-of-the-art technology. Joy is seen exploring the city using the faster and more intuitive Lexus Link Pro multimedia system with “Hey Lexus” voice assistant and cloud updates, which she uses to play the soundtrack of the campaign, her song Feet Don’t Fail Me Now.
The new Lexus UX campaign is available to view online at https://www.lexus.eu/car-models/ux/ux-mc-joy-crookes/ and includes a television commercial, Out of Home advertising, digital advertising, CRM and social media content (both Instagram and TikTok).
Joy Crookes commented on the partnership: “Creativity in all forms gives me energy and inspiration. Working on the new UX campaign, I’ve seen first-hand Lexus’s commitment to craftsmanship and creativity. Like the Lexus UX customer, I’m always striving to express myself. I’m fortunate to be able to do that through my music, fashion, and art, and I am thankful that Lexus provided a new platform for me to do just that.”
Pascal Ruch, TME Vice President Lexus Europe, said: “Joy embodies Lexus’s passion and energy for creativity, design and sustainability. Her unique style and bold personality make her the perfect ambassador for the new Lexus UX.”
The New UX 250h
The new Lexus UX 250h SUV features several new features and upgrades:
- Improved smartphone integration means apps are displayed on the new extra-large 12.3 HD or eight-inch touchscreens, that are now positioned closer to the driver for easier interaction.
- The new Lexus Link connected services app helps enhance the driving experience, with convenient features such as remote operation of the air conditioning and vehicle locking/unlocking.
- New exterior colour and bi-tone paintwork options and interior upholstery choices create a personalised experience, reflecting Lexus’s world-renowned omotenashi (hospitality).
- Further upgrades to the UX’s Lexus Safety System+ bring improved performance in the Pre-Collision System, equipping the car with Intersection Turning Assist for safer left and right turns at intersections, and Emergency Steering Assist, which helps the driver steer to avoid obstacles, without departing from their traffic lane.