Ford Motor Company premiered at the Frankfurt Motor Show a range of new vehicles that will help pave the way for electrified models to outnumber combined sales of conventional diesel and petrol models in just a few years.
Launched in Frankfurt, ‘Go Electric’, an immersive brand experience created by global experience agency Imagination introduces guests to Ford’s new line-up of electrified models whilst helping customers understand how seamlessly they can step into electrified vehicle ownership. Its highlight is the thrilling ‘E-Launch’; a world-first battery-electric acceleration simulator that launches riders at high speed, delivering Ford’s point of view on electric.
Show-goers will be able to visit Go Electric at the Frankfurt Motor Show until September 22 before the experience embarks on a European tour for the remainder of 2019 and 2020.
The walkthrough immersive showcase is designed to engage and educate audiences, helping them to understand the future possibilities for human movement – from the immediate realities of how electrified vehicles work and which technology is most suited to their lifestyle, to the near-term progression of connected vehicles and infrastructures, and the future possibilities afforded by fully autonomous vehicles.
Beginning with a timeline of innovation in human movement, ‘Go Electric’ takes guests on a digital and physical journey to explore how our cities – and our planet – will ultimately benefit from the electrified automotive revolution. Designed, developed and created by Imagination, this electrifying festival of movement consists of five sectors:
- Electric Movement In Perspective – A timeline of human movement and how it has always been a symbol of progress, teamed with a thought-provoking immersive film on the challenges facing us today and possibilities for the future.
- Going Electric today – A series of myth busting initiatives. Including an innovative AR exhibit explaining the different electrified propulsion options offered by Ford and how each works. An interactive touchscreen experience designed to help customers understand which electrified technologies and products best suits their lifestyle and a hands-on charging exhibit demystifying the charging options and range possibilities for electrified vehicles.
- Electrifying The Driving Experience – Enabling visitors to see the brand new electrified Ford vehicle range up close.
- E-Launch – The World’s First Battery-Electric Acceleration Simulator – The world’s first electric acceleration simulator experience creates the thrilling sensation of unbroken linear acceleration and exhilaration of uninterrupted torque delivery, made possible by Ford’s all-electric vehicle technology.
- Electric Is Just The Beginning – The possibilities for future movement and the key initiatives in progress to make these a reality, this area features a collection of activations that talk about autonomous vehicles, connectivity and mobility.
Go Electric follows on from previous award-winning innovative experiences that leverage social and earned media content to create a paradigm shift for live events.
Anthony Ireson, Director, Marketing Communications, Ford of Europe said: “The way we move is changing. Educating the public through experience as to what the near future may bring for the automotive sector is a compelling way for Ford to tell its story. Imagination has truly brought the excitement of our electric vehicles and the automotive revolution to life. We are thrilled to launch this latest iteration of our innovative experiential work with them.”
Paul Cowan, Head of Ford EMEA and Experience Strategy Lead at Imagination, added: “Ford’s mission to enlighten and excite audiences about the future of electric and connected mobility is a powerful, world-changing project. We look forward to inviting people to supercharge their curiosity and power up their senses at an electrifying festival of movement from Ford.”