Celebrating their 20th edition, The FAB Awards treated their attendees to a day bursting with glitz, glamour, creativity and of course food and beverage!
The beautiful and exclusive Hurlingham Club in London, was once again the stage for The FAB Awards Ceremony, where guests were spoilt with cocktails, a delectable three-course dinner and an award or two.
Successful design, creative and effective work was showcased to the audience on the night, and the teams behind them presented with their prestigious trophies – be it a Grand Prix (FABulous), a Gold (FAB) or a Silver Award.
The recipients of the highest prize (FABulous Award) on the night, were as follows:
FABulous Award across all Design categories:
- ‘Disrupting the California Coffee Scene’ by Magpie Studio for Bandido
FABulous Award Interiors / Retail Environment categories:
- ‘Demoiselle by Galvin’ by DesignLSM for Galvin Restaurants
- ‘BÖKAN London’ by Mystery Ltd for BÖKAN London
FABulous Award across Print, Press, Posters, OOH & Ambient categories:
- ‘Mobile Menu’ by Cossette for McDonald’s
FABulous Award across Interactive, Online, Digital, Viral, Mobile & Best Use of Media categories:
- ‘Music Liberates Music’ by BBDO New York for Bacardí
FABulous Award across Integrated, Experiential, Guerrilla, Direct & Sales Promotions categories:
FAB Night for BBDO
BBDO New York retained their FAB Agency of the Year title from last year. They had a whopping 18 nominations in the show, winning nine silvers, nine FABs and a FABulous Award as well. In fact, it turned out to be a great night for BBDO Worldwide, with AMV BBDO and BBDO India also walking away as winners.
Greg Hahn, Chief Creative Officer BBDO New York said: “Historically some of the best work in advertising has been done in the FAB category, so it’s always a thrill to see our work awarded. It’s especially rewarding when it happens for seven different clients.”
Mars, Incorporated Wins YouTube FAB Brand of the Year
Much of BBDO’s success came for brand owned by Mars, Incorporated, and that played a big role in them walking away with The YouTube FAB Brand of the Year honour.
The Food and Beverage giant had a phenomenal 13 nominations across the various categories, winning five silvers, eight FAB Awards and a FABulous on the night.
Andrew Clarke, Chief Marketing Officer at Mars, Incorporated said: “We are deeply honored and delighted to receive this prestigious award for the third time.”
A First for FAB in 20-Years
Neither design agency could be separated with both bagging a FAB Award and three silvers out of their four nominations on the night.
Design Bridge also won the inaugural FAB Choice Award, which was jointly sponsored by Mindlab and Link Consumer. This year, all designs that won either a Silver or a FAB Packaging Creative Award were automatically entered into the running for The FAB Choice Award.
Mindlab then conduct a series of implicit tests to determine which of the designs performed most strongly and, through analysis, Design Bridge’s ‘Choose Love’ project for Smirnoff was deemed to be the winner. One thousand respondents took part, representing a cross section of the British public.
The FAB Forum
The Forum brought together brands, creatives, media and tech to shine a light on thought leadership and innovation from the Food & Beverage industry. This year in particular dealt with topics such as the future of food, sustainability, customer loyalty and creative opportunity for programmatic.
It boasted of speakers such as BrandOpus’ Leo Hadden, jones knowles ritchie’s Uttara Masting, Accenture Interactive’s Sohel Aziz, DoubleClick’s Naomi Ordynans, Google’s Harry Walker, Mizkan Euro Ltd’s Lorna Kimberley, Contagious’ Kate Hollowood, Family (and friends)’s Derek Johnston, Dairy Crest’s Neil Stewart, Eat Grub’s Shami Radia, Taxi Studio’s Spencer Buck and Uncommon London’s Nils Leonard.
Other Key Winners of The 20th FAB Awards:
Press & Print:
- McCann Bristol – Tenderstem – Make Every Dish a Little Adventure
Poster/ Outdoor/ OOH:
- Cossette – McDonald’s – Mobile Menu & Follow the Arches
- Black Swan Life Communications – Society Tea – Tea Society Campaign
TV & Cinema Advertising:
- VCCP – Cadbury Dairy Milk – Mum’s Birthday
- AMV BBDO – Wrigley’s Gum – Happy Birthday Campaign
- AMV BBDO – Guinness Africa – Made of More Football Stories Campaign
- Leo Burnett London – McDonald’s – Flat What?
- AMV BBDO – Snickers – Hunger Spotter
- AMV BBDO – Snickers – The Hungry TV Channel
- Happiness/An FCB Alliance, Brussels – Carlsberg – Probably TEDx
Branded Content & Entertainment:
- AMV BBDO – Guinness – Compton Cowboys
- J. Walter Thompson London – KitKat – Crossy Roads for Real
- Cossette – McDonald’s – Big Mac x Bacon Collaboration
- Leo Burnett London – McDonald’s – Reindeer Ready
- BBDO India – Mirinda – #ReleaseThePressure
- Leo Burnett London – McDonald’s – McCafé Madness (Effectiveness)
Best Use of Media:
- Cossette – McDonald’s – Follow the Arches
- Leo Burnett London – McDonald’s – Big Mac 50: BFI IMAX Wrap Around
- B&B Studio – LoneWolf Spirits Range
- CH Graphiste – Raimondi Amarone’s Wine Range
- Squad Ink – Archie Rose X Horisumi Gin Series
- Interabang – GREK Tea
- Magpie Studio – Bandido, Disrupting the California Coffee Scene
Interiors / Retail Environment:
- DesignLSM – Demoiselle by Galvin
- CADA Design – Lotte Food Avenue
- Rockwell Group – Nobu Downtown & The Albert
- Mystery Ltd – BÖKAN London
- M Worldwide Ltd – Hagkaup Smaralind: Happy Shopping! (Effectiveness)
- Taxi Studio – Carlsberg EXPØRT, A Story of Brand Reinvigoration (Effectiveness)
A full list of the various Finalists and Winners of The 20th FAB Awards can be seen here.
Source: The FAB Awards